HOW TO UPDATE KODI ON iOS/OSX WITHOUT JAILBREAK
This tutorial will show you how to update Kodi on iOS/OSX. This guide will also work on iPad or iPhone. Installing Kodi on iOS is difficult because it isn’t available on the Apple Store. For this tutorial we will assume you are Jailbroken as this tutorial does not require Jailbreak.
There is another method that does not require Jailbreak which is through a third party and will require re-installing after the signing expires, which may become tedious, none the less, you will still be able to install Kodi on your iOS device without jailbreak!
At the time of writing this tutorial, the current official release for Kodi is version 17.6 Krypton. Kodi version 18.0 Leia is currently available, but is still in a release candidate state (RC) – at the time of writing this post, which means it is likely to contain bugs.
We recommend to always update to official releases.
Please note, this tutorial is for iOS/OSX, iPad and iPhones only. Please use the below links for alternative devices.
HOW TO UPDATE KODI ON iOS/OSX/IPHONE AND IPAD WITHOUT JAILBREAK (CYDIA IMPACTOR METHOD)
Follow the below, step by step, which will guide you on how to update Kodi on your iPhone or iPad.
- Download the latest version of Cydia Impactor and the Kodi IPA file for iOS, by CLICKING HERE
- Close iTunes (iTunes must not be running) and connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer via the cable.
- Extract Cydia Impactor and then drag and drop the Kodi IPA file into Cydia Impactor.
- Find and select your iPhone/iPad in the drop-down menu, then press Start.
- You will be required to use your apple ID to sign the IPA file. If you are unable to use your details, create a new one.
- Kodi will be flashed to your iPhone, do not disconnect the device.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Profiles & Devices Management then open the Apple ID profile you used to create the signing.
- Finally click ‘Trust’.
- Open Kodi from the home screen.
HOW TO UPDATE KODI ON iOS/OSX/IPHONE AND IPAD WITHOUT JAILBREAK (TWEAKBOX APP METHOD)
Follow the below, step by step, which will guide you on how to update Kodi on your iPhone or iPad only.
Note : Tweakbox uses ads so please be cautious when navigating the app.
- Using Safari on your iPhone or iPad, navigate to www.tweakboxapp.com.
- Proceed to download the app and agree with the profile access.
- Install the profile, then select ‘Install’ again. Tweakbox will then show on your home screen.
- Open Tweakbox and be cautious of ads that popup.
- Navigate to ‘the Apps’ section and then select TweakBox Apps which is under ‘Categories’.
- Use the search bar to find ‘Kodi’ and then install.
- You wont be able to open Kodi until you enable the Profile in Settings > General > Profile and Devices Management.
- Select the ‘Enterprise App’ and then click ‘Trust’
- You may be required to Trust another profile, proceed.
- Open Kodi from your home screen.
From time to time, Apple may revoke TweakBox as its a third party installer. If this happens, they will advise on their Twitter when an update is available. Please follow them on Twitter by clicking here.
IMPORTANT SECURITY NOTICE :
Whilst this website focuses on tutorials for updating Kodi on any device, we understand some users will use the platform for third party access. It is illegal in most countries to stream/download copyrighted content and is a criminal offence to distribute or profit from copyrighted content.
Whilst we do not condone the use of Kodi for third party content, we recommend you protect your identity and hide your online activity from your ISP or authorities. When using apps and websites, they may obtain and store your data such as IP addresses, locations, history and usage. Recent cases have seen apps handing over all these types of users information to authorities, which may also be sent to your ISP.
Don’t put your acitivity at risk, protect yourself and hide your IP address and location by using a VPN service. We recommend reading the TOP 5 VPN Services of 2019 which include any discounts and work with all platforms/devices.
I hope you found this tutorial useful, all being well, you now know how to update Kodi on your Android TV box!
Please share our Tutorial if it helped in any way.
Credits to Howtoupdatekodi.com for the tutorial