How to update Kodi to latest version on Raspberry Pi (UPDATE OPEN ELEC ON PI)
In this tutorial, I will show you how to update kodi (OpenELEC) on the Raspberry Pi. To update OpenELEC on Pi you will require a Raspberry Pi 1,2 or 3 and an 8GB USB disk. This method inst like the others so will need additional steps.
If you are currently running Kodi which which was downloaded and installed directly from Kodi Official – you will be able to update to a higher version without uninstalling the current version. Kodi official sign their apps, so if your current version of Kodi was installed from a third party, you may need to uninstall your current version first.
We recommend to always update to official releases.
Please note, this tutorial is for Raspberry Pi 1,2 and 3 only. Please use the below links for alternative devices.
HOW TO UPDATE KODI (OPEN ELEC)ON RASPBERRY PI
Follow the below, step by step, for a slightly different way to update Kodi on the Raspberry Pi 1,2 or 3. NOTE : You will need your IP address to install.
- Navigate to ‘System’ and launch “OpenELEC” > Navigate to “Connection” and make a copy of the IP Address because we’ll need that later.
- Navigate to “About” and check your current version.
- Go to https://osmc.tv and Click on ‘Downloads’
- Select the latest stable build for your Raspberry Pi.
- Download the update file (located at the top).
- Open up a Windows explorer.
- Copy your Raspberry Pi’s IP Address in the address box.
- Open up the “Updates” folder.
- Copy the file we just downloaded
- Click on the Power button at the bottom of the menu.
- Click on “Reboot”
- After reboot, Kodi (OpenELEC) will be updated.
On completion, it may be necessary to reinstall any addons, or customisation’s you may have lost during the update process. None the less, you now know how to update Kodi (OpenELEC) on Raspberry Pi!
IMPORTANT SECURITY NOTICE :
Whilst this website focuses on tutorials for updating Kodi on any device, we understand some users will use the platform for third party access. It is illegal in most countries to stream/download copyrighted content and is a criminal offence to distribute or profit from copyrighted content.
Whilst we do not condone the use of Kodi for third party content, we recommend you protect your identity and hide your online activity from your ISP or authorities. When using apps and websites, they may obtain and store your data such as IP addresses, locations, history and usage. Recent cases have seen apps handing over all these types of users information to authorities, which may also be sent to your ISP.
Don’t put your acitivity at risk, protect yourself and hide your IP address and location by using a VPN service. We recommend reading the TOP 5 VPN Services of 2019 which include any discounts and work with all platforms/devices.
If you found this tutorial useful, please share this page using the share options below.